Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Schmuck List

I am shamelessly stealing this idea from my sister's blog post, here.  So, without further ado, here are my answers to the question "what are you thankful for this year?" in no particular order.

"Of All The Things I Could Say, I Chose Something Tiny and Significant Only To Me."
1. A sister and a cousin-in-law(?) from whom I can steal blog post ideas and pictures
2. A husband who still loves me as we head into the time of year when I bring "tempermental" to a whole new meaning
3. Remus
4. Finally feeling "settled" as a paramedic
5. The fact that I like my job
6. That Rebecca and Emma turned out just fine, haha. In all seriousness, Emma's birth scared me, so I am VERY grateful that they are both happy and healthy.
7. That Brian came home from Iraq two months early
8. Skype
9. My garden bathtub and plenty of hot water
10. Books I still love re-reading
11. Having paid off over $25,000 worth of my student loans
12. My green striped room
13. Military Discounts
14. After hearing about countless "relationship issues" especially at work and from Brian's fellow soldiers I am a million times thankful that God has blessed us with such an easy, fantastic marriage.15. 15. Caramel Frappe's w/o whipped cream or drizzle
16. Raven Rock Park- ten minutes from our house are actual trails for us to run. I hate running on pavement.
17. The sheep farm I pass on my way to and from work. Sheep are so cute all tromping around together, I look for the flock every time I go by.
18. The Prius- we bought it for the gas mileage, but I have completely fallen in love with it. Make all the jokes you want, I can pass you on the highway and STILL not have to fill up for over 420 miles. AND my dog fits in the back with room to spare.
19. TriCare and USAA-I can watch insurance commercials battle it out on TV and chose which one I like best solely on how much they make me laugh.
20. My 40 minute commute. I often spend it in prayer or talking to family/friends. Those 40 minutes are a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment