Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Four Letter Score

WOW. This test is like magic! I've heard/read references to this personality test for years, but I've never actually taken it until now. I'm in the midst of some pretty major life decisions and am scrambling to sort myself out with the help of the convinient therapist I have on speed dail (AKA, my mother). She sent me a link to a Values Test which left me puzzled and frustrated because many of my values are in direct opposition. For example, my top value is "Privacy" and the close second is "Concern for others Wellbeing". Meaning, I desire alone time and helping people simultaneously. Hard to do both. Anyway, after reading my sister's post (she's a Mastermind, and after reading the profile it fits her PERFECTLY) I had to try this test as well.

I am an INFJ. My title isn't as cool as Mastermind (which, it turns out Brian is a Mastermind, too. Hey Rebecca, you and Brian are true personality buddies!) I'm "The Counselor" but the description hits so close to home it's eerie.  Here's the link to the counselor description and another link, and here's the link to the test.

Summary Description
Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.
"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.
INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.
Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

My favorite descriptions of my personality trait are from the first link.

**Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

**Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries

**Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.  (Hahaha, that could explain some things...)

**Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. (Which might explain some of my trust issues and difficulty making solid, meaningful friendships.)

This is a really cool test, and it provided me with a lot of "oh, that makes sense" moments. Fun, thanks Rebecca for the link :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad it worked so well for you too! These definitely seem spot on for you - give Brian a "muahahaha" for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! He was practicing his laugh as we left B&Ns and then proceeded to say "it's all part of my master plan" about EVERYTHING for the rest of the night. Not sure it was a good idea letting him take the test...

    ReplyDelete