Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Terrible Two's and Grooming adventures...

Remus has gone nuts. He is no longer content to sleep away most of the day. He wants play time and a lot of it. He is spastic hyper, running around the kitchen with his toys, and even a few laps around the house aren't enough to blow off some steam. Yesterday I took him for a short walk right before I left for work to try and work out some energy. It seemed to help a little, but not much. When we're in the kitchen he's incorrigable, barking and prancing under our feet, chasing his tail and attacking his toys at random. He's not content to play with his toys on his own, he drags them over to us and barks. We're thinking this is the puppy equivalent to the terrible twos...

Today after I got off work (yes, I've been up for almost 24 hours now) I went to pet smart to get some nail clippers and a pet harness for the car. With good intentions I sat Remus down in my lap to clip his nails. It definitely turned out to be a two person job. It's not that he was scared of the clippers, it was more he just has a hard time sitting still for very long. I held and Brian clipped, and we got the front ones done at least. I then took him outside and tied him on the deck for his intro to the hair buzzers. He was not a fan, but the buzzing continued anyway. With practice I hope this gets easier for both of us. He is now definitely blond, his dark top coat buzzed away and leaving the soft light underfluff exposed. It actually wasn't that bad shaving his face and head, but his legs are a different matter all together. I think he'll have to go back outside for touch ups when Brian gets home. He doesn't like being on a leash at all, but we're working on that too.

Now, I think a quick nap is in order. It's been a long night and day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment